Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Countdown–Thursday Favorites

 

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 171

Christmas is so close! How do you count down? Do you have an advent calendar?

Advent Bags 003

My son is away at his first year of college. I wanted to come up with some way of counting down his days of studying, finals and coming home for Christmas. I purchased a bunch of his favorite candies and deposited groupings of it in the little bags along with a little note of encouragement.

Advent Bags 008

Each had a tag of when to open it. Off they went in a box.

Advent Bags 009

This of course being my favorite!

Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.

Thursday Favorite Things blog hop co hostesses new (1)The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 4 different blogs! Please follow all of us. Your link will appear on the blogs of  Katherines CornerOver 50 Feeling 40, Vintage Mama and The Tablescaper.  Four times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others too.

RULES

Please DO NOT link and run.......please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.

•             Remember to follow your hostesses- Katherines Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, Vintage Mama and The Tablescaper

•  Please leave comments when you visit

•  Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page

•  Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)

•  Grab the hop button code from the button page at Katherines Corner (optional)

•   No adult content blogs

•   No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)

•   Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone's favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!

Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherines Corner permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Katherines Corner Note- All features on Katherines Corner will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the hop.

Hop on and share your favorites.

If you'd like to post this blog hop on your page too please grab the linky code.

If you would like a reminder to join in the hop please fill in your email in the box on Katherines hop post ( this is used for reminders only :-) )

 

There will be no blog hop next week so we can all celebrate Christmas with our families.

- The Tablescaper

6 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

When my daughter was young we always had an advent calender. I used to make one with felt pockets and I put little prizes and treats inside. Lovely post my friend. Thank you for being my co hostess. xo

Still Woods Farmhouse said...

I am a new follower of your blog and am participating in your Thursday party! Looking forward to visiting the other participants and seeing more of your blog. You are welcome to stop by Still Woods Farmhouse for a visit and to check out my vintage
Christmas ads. We can have a cup of hot cocoa!
Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books said...

I enjoyed reading your post, such wonderful ideas!

We had a advent calendar when my children were younger. =)

Thanks for co-hosting! Im a new follower.
Happy Holidays!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely way to count down the days - I remember well when our kids were in college and waiting for them to finally come home for the holidays. Now they are all parents and one day will be waiting for their kids to come home - although our middle grandson informed me that he will live with his parents until he is 50. (He is currently 9 - I'm sure that will change). And he has a Star Wars advent calendar - quite clever these days.

Alycia Nichols said...

What a super neat thing to do for your son!!!! Kids try to act like they're all grown up and cool, but deep down there's still a little kid who appreciates when his Mom does special little things that reaffirm her love. Awwww...that makes me well up! So sweet!

IKEA has stuff like those cool Christmas cones??!?!?! I didn't know that! Our IKEA store is coming next year, so I'll get a better feel for all the merchandise then. Wow...I just thought it was mostly furniture and furnishings. Hmmmm....I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a whole lotta moolah there! :-)

I love how your moss dog has made an appearance here! Great idea!

Merry Christmas!!!

Kathleen said...

That was a sweet thing to do for M! I am sure he appreciated it.