Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ladies Christmas Luncheon

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0123

Christmas is a wonderful time to celebrate your friends.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0101

As regular readers of my blog know…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0104

…every year I have a Christmas luncheon for my closest friends.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0118

With all of the hustle and bustle of the season…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0120

…it’s easy to run from one thing to the next…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0124

…but important to pause and enjoy your friends.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0114

I will be blessed to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family (place card holders were a gift from Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen)…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0105

…so stealing a special day with just my friends is the cherry on top.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0103

While at Brimfield this Fall with my good friend Sheri I purchased these wonderful Kings Crown sherbets and salad plates. Sheri has quite a collection of Kings Crown but this is the beginning of my collection.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0106

Amazingly the plates…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0109

…still had their original stickers on them. I’m sure I diminished their value by removing the stickers but I love to use what I have.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0110

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0111 The inspiration for this table started with these plates. I’ve never used them at Christmas and always wanted to. They enhanced the country French feel.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0112

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0113 With an entirely different look these plates  were the foundation of last week’s table too.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0107

When I purchased these cones from Ikea I had no idea what I was going to do with them but they were the perfect compliment to this table.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0108

The April Cornell napkins and tablecloth…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0102

…brought it all together.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0115

My party favors worked so well with the table I couldn’t hide them in wrapping.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0116

More Ikea purchases.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0121

Hope that you can find a few moments…

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0117

…to celebrate your friendships.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0122

Merry Christmas.

Ladies Christmas Luncheon0119

I’m partying at: Wow Us Wednesdays; Open House Party; Let’s Dish; Be Inspired;Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop; Home and Garden Thursday;Home Sweet Home; Tablescape Thursday; Feather Your Nest Friday; Fabulously Creative Friday; Show and Tell Friday; Make it Pretty Monday.; Twirl and Take a Bow.

 

- The Tablescaper

31 comments:

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What a gorgeous table you set for your lucky guests. Love your tradition. It is beautifully done.

I hosted a tea for two (post before last) so I understand how nice it is - big or small- to invite special friends into our lives and treat them to wonderful experiences.

Merry Christmas to you!

ellen b. said...

Love everything about your table from the cloth to all the layers on the top of the cloth. How fun to spend this special time with your friends...

sweet violets said...

Stunning table, beautifully done.......love the linens.....how nice to do something special for your friends!!!

Sarah said...

Alma, I know your friends are going to feel loved and very special gathered together around your beautiful tablesetting. Love the topiary theme, the little cones, and your beautiful new dishes. Enjoy your time with friends. I'm getting together with a group of friends tomorrow night who have been gathering together for over 30 years. '-)

Poppy said...

What a fun and festive Christmas table! Love all the red and pattern and dinnerware and accessories, especially the place settings and the Ikea contributions, as I share them with you!I'm sure a lovely time was had by all!

Poppy

manuela carvalho said...

Although my english isn't very good, it is enough to wish a Merry Christmas! Your table is beautiful and the green dishes look like they're portuguese! Bordalo Pinheiro has porcelain that looks like yours!
Hugs from Portugal! Manuela

cemmanias.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

Gorgeous, Alma! I really love the topiaries as your centerpiece, but the whole table is a feast for the eyes. What darling placecard holders! I wish I'd been to IKEA for the RED version of those fun containers. I have them in white. Your friends loved your table, I'm sure!

Martha said...

A very pretty Christmasy table. I, too, celebrated Christmas with friends yesterday at a luncheon!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such a beautiful table! Your attention detail always makes your tables the most interesting and gorgeous place to eat a meal! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh what a delight it must be to have a luncheon for your friends - what a splendid idea. Your dishes are absolutely divine and everything goes together so well.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh what a delight it must be to have a luncheon for your friends - what a splendid idea. Your dishes are absolutely divine and everything goes together so well.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Wow you have topped this one off. Such a gorgeous festive table from the red plaid cones, the red glasses the tablecloth and napkins. Every element is beautiful. I know your luncheon was a blast.

Mona said...

Alma,
Your table is beautiful and the reason for setting it is even better. I am sure you all had a wonderful time...
Love, Mona

Entertaining Women said...

Wonderful energy shines from this design. April Cornell's pieces often seem to accomplish that. I've been using my Kings Crown often this holiday, too. It just sings of Christmas. We are in perfect agreement about the joy of celebrating dear friends...such precious gifts from God. Perfect details for your friends Christmas luncheon. I love it! Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Alma, I love the lushness of this table! It is stunning and warm. AD I love, love, love those plaid cones. IKEA???
Who knew! Obviously I didn't, or they would be on my table! ;-)

Great job!

Sheila

Tea in Texas said...

There were smiles when your friends viewed this lovely Christmas tablscape! You had thought out each item from the cute plaid cones to the holly and poinsettia table linens. I especially love your Kings Crown plates and bowls. I bought mine near Williamsburg when we were first married and have a large collection which I have used on July 4th. The wonderful puppy topiary is the sweet touch to your tablescape. My collie's Christmas photo is at the bottom of my latest post and I invite you to take a peek! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Pam

xinex said...

Everything looks amazing, Alma. I love your topiaries too, among everything else....Christine

Marigene said...

Gorgeous table, Alma. I guess our we had the same thoughts about using the cabbage leaf plates. I have had my table up since Monday and every time I walk by it I smile.

Babs Richman said...

Lucky friends to be invited your luncheon. Your table is amazing and so festive with all the red and green, and I love your topiaries..the puppy dog and ivy ones as well as the place card holders. Merry Christmas!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh my, I would love to join you for this beautiful ladies luncheon. What an inspiring table.

Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Linda Cassidy said...

I adore your table setting. fancy tables fascinate me.

Sharlotte said...

It's always a treat visiting your site. Today doesn't disappoint! The colors are perfect for the season and what a special way to celebrate your friendships! BTW, I LOVE the April Cornell tablecloth/napkins!

Kathleen said...

The table looks wonderful! The cloth and napkins are beautiful, are they new?
The little cones are perfect with this!
Have a wonderful time!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

Rosie M. said...

An exquisite table, from the tablecloth that is extraordinary to your perfect stack of dishes in colors and textures! What lucky friends you have to enjoy your creativity and hospitality. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Diane said...

I always enjoy seeing the table that you have set for your friends each year. This one is spectacular! The tablecloth and napkins make such a statement and the dishes and glassware are beautiful complements to them. I know that you and your friends will want to linger at this table - Merry Christmas to you, your friends and your family!

Holly said...

Alma - This is exquisite! Hands down the best Christmas Tablescape... EVER! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hugs, Holly

Scribbler said...

This is the most festive table I have ever seen, I think! Just gorgeous. I have seen your new King's Crown around for years at antique shops, but never knew what it was called so you taught me something today!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Alma, What a gorgeous table and I know your guest will love it! Thank you for linking to the Open House party and have a blessed and Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Sherry

Jacqueline said...

The grand adult table at Christmas Eve at my Aunt's house had the King's Crown and we all wanted the goblets but when she passed away the executor took them (of course) and guess what? I found I could buy my own online, so I got them and sherbets and cordials too. Then I sent my sister some and she returned the favor by buying me some purple ones!
The table is absolutely exquisite and I adore the placecard holders.
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Red Couch Recipes said...

Wow what a gorgeous table for your friends. I love the tablecloth, and of course I love the King's Crown. Like Jaqueline said my Aunt always had King's Crown at the adult table. Your plates and sherbets are so fabulous. Such a happy and merry table. Joni

tablescapesbybev said...

Lovely! The April Cornell set is to die for...great table.