Click photo to see this WEEK'S TABLESCAPE.

Catch up on recent happenings at The Tablescaper

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Oh, the PLACES I’ve Been! #34 - Country Living Holiday Bazaar

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 073

The Country Living Holiday Bazaar was like entering a Christmas Wonderland.

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 092

There were delights at every turn.

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 131

Amazing amounts of creativity.

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 080

Jewelry made from typewriter keys were among the many selections.

COTTAGE COLLAGE

It would be hard to decide which little cottage to bring home. Luckily I didn’t have to decide because I have way too many little houses already. LOL!

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 098Country Living Holiday Bazaar 100Country Living Holiday Bazaar 099Country Living Holiday Bazaar 106

What a wonderful thing to do with vintage ornaments. Again, it would be very hard to decide which you like best.

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 107

This was one of my favorite stalls. I’ll be sharing what I purchased later this week.

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 115

The funny thing was that it was billed as being at Lyndhurst which is a magnificent mansion right on the Hudson River (you can read all about it HERE), but…

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 059

…it was actually in tents…

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 118

…and parts of the barn next to Lyndhurst. That might have been fine on a warm sunny day, but it was a cold rainy day in December in New York! Nonetheless I had a great time!

Country Living Holiday Bazaar 204

Love this shot. Talk about extremes!

Where have you been?

- The Tablescaper

21 comments:

Sam @ The Junk House said...

I love those Christmas trees made out of books! Such a clever idea!

Jacqueline said...

I have to say the folded books were my favorite too - their presentation on the old door was incredible! also the vintage wreaths. They were amazingly lush!

Mary @ The World Is A Book said...

That truly is indeed Winter Wonderland. What festive decorations and such creative things. Love the typewriter keys and all those colorful wreaths!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Oh what fun - I loved the white paper trees. It must have taken forever to see all that there was. Can't wait to see what you bought.

Ramon Valdez said...

How fun, I love the wreaths with what it looks like recycled lights and ornament, and the vintage Santas.
Ramon
Rowhouseblogg.blogspot.com

Patty Antle said...

I'm so glad you shared these pictures. I attended the CL Fair in Atlanta in October and it was just wonderful. There was an old lampshade where the fabric was removed and it was studded with lace and prisms - simply wonderful. I wish I could have taken a picture of it but my camera died. I was so disappointed because I want to make one like it. Hopefully that vendor will be at another CL Fair. Glad you had a good time! Did you shop in the Earth Angels tent?

Bernideen said...

How fun that you shared this! We have had such bitter cold we have had to let our faucets drip and keep cabinets open. It seems to be passing for which we are glad.
The tents do look fun! The mansion is fabulous!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Your favorite booth looked like it would be mine too. I can't wait to see what you got. Those kinds of shows are so wonderful and this one looks especially festive and filled with lovely things..Happy Thursday..Judy

Michele {Malaysian Meanders} said...

I would buy that typewriter key jewelry in a heartbeat. Too bad it wasn't actually inside Lyndhurst. At least all the merchandise looked good.

Barb said...

That's a shame it wasn't inside. Lyndhurst looks magnificent from the outside.

I love those ornament wreaths - so over the top with glitz and sparkle!

xinex said...

Been to Europe so I have been linking about the trip to several European countries and cities butt I would have enjoyed the fun Christmas Village. Wish we had one close to us....Christine

xinex said...

Been to Europe so I have been linking about the trip to several European countries and cities butt I would have enjoyed the fun Christmas Village. Wish we had one close to us....Christine

Jill Harrison said...

delightful Christmas decorations. I need to get decorating here - I am thinking of making a new wreath. I love those Christmas trees made out of books too. thanks for the inspiration and for hosting. My post this week has nothing to do with Christmas at all!

Poppy said...

Oh my goodness! I would have LOVED to have gone to this Christmas bazaar, with all those irresistible, festive goodies. The typewriter bracelets are ingenious and very pretty. And yes, I agree with you, that last shot of yours seems like something out of period movie!

Thanks for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

Poppy

Art and Sand said...

I can't wait to see what you bought.

I don't do cold (wimpy Californian) but It looks like it was worth it.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I would have loved to be right there with you shopping

Babs Richman said...

Oh, I could have done some serious damage to my budget at the bazaar. The glitter cottages are darling. How odd that the bazaar was in tents. Wouldn't it have been awesome inside the mansion? :)

Sue said...

shopping is always more fun inside a tent!! ofcourse not in freezing cold weather....

SizzleandZoom said...

I love your photos of the vintage ornament wreaths. I have always wanted one. They are beautiful.

James Curtis said...

Clever photos and collections - those Christmas trees and jewelries made from typewriters.

appliance service edison nj

Laura Lane said...

You have such beautiful things on your blog! Someday....